0.36 in CVS was: Re: [PD-dev] CVS now handles binaries

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Dec 9 19:57:36 CET 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Adam Lindsay wrote:

> Hi, Guenter, all.

Hi,

> guenter geiger said this at Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:05:55 +0100:
>
> >There may be a moment when I am able to make the build system for windows
> >and OSX, and try to clean up documentation etc. After that there will be
> >a release.
>
> I've been giving some thought to that on the OSX side, mostly with
> regards to the packaging system.

I would prefer having the externals build before packaging them,
is packageing really such a problem on OSX ?
I just thought that the externals get thrown into a directroy somewhere.

> Also, regarding the CVS, are there any plans of a merge of version 0.36-
> final into the CVS tree? (or, alternatively, giving me clear-enough
> pointers that I could spend time with it and not screw it up?)

Well, as I did not know that myself, I tried to screw it personally.
The result of all that should be in the devel_0_36 branch, together
with a log message that is completely unrelated.

Anyhow, here is how I did it:

1) Download the new pd source
2) cd pd-X.XX-X
3) cvs -d:.... import pd source_dist devel_0_36-0
4) cd to/my/cvs/pd/dir
5) do the merge (locally): cvs update -j devel_0_36-0
6) clean up conflicts
7) cvs commit -m 'some meaningless log message'

Actually I wanted to have a "meaningful" log message in  step 7,
but I happend to fix something else, and commited all together with
the  'fixed initialization problem with makeout' message ... sorry.

Now we can take a look if our enhancements survived ....

Guenter