[PD-dev] object for motion control

Julien Jassaud sojastar at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 12 07:23:29 CET 2003

> Sounds cool.  There's a good externals-howto available at:
>
>   http://pd.iem.at/externals-HOWTO/

Arf, it's the one I learned the PD API with... I think I should have
pushed my reading a little deeper than the examples :) Reading
references is always good...

> [pack] likes to output the selector "list", so if you want to
> feed [pack]'s output to your object, you need to do something
> like:
>
>   class_addlist(servo_class, servo_list);
>
> in servo_setup() and write a method:
>
>   void servo_list(t_servo *x, t_symbol *sel, int argc, t_atom *argv);
>
> ... where you can just do some type-checking and call "servo_go()"

It works great! Now I can go to sleep!

> I've never tried it, but you might be able to do:
>
>   class_addmethod(servo_class, (t_method)servo_go, &s_list,
>                   A_DEFFLOAT, A_DEFFLOAT, 0);
>
> in servo_setup(), and pass the object pairs of floats:
>
> [42\   [24\
>  |      |
> [pack 0 0]
> [servo ...]
>
> ... providing that every [pack]ed message is interpreted as
> a "go" message...

I tried this before I knew about class_addlist. It doesn't work. Also
tried getsym("list") which, I believe, is the same as &s_list.

Your other very easy solution works, of course. How could I have missed
it? Ho! I'm tired too :)

Well, if someone is interested in this little device, I can put up a
web page decribing it.

Thanks to all and especialy Bryan,
Julien