[PD-dev] Re: [PD-announce] pdp v0.7

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Wed Jan 15 21:00:16 CET 2003

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 12:54, delire wrote:
> hi,
>
> i was looking at the aa libs and imagining a pdp patch that could control
> the flow of the ascii data by treating each character as a particle within
> a 'physical system' [flock, swarm and wave etc]. what do you think? ascii
> video is a lovely thing, it'd be great to play around with this idea -
> really taking control of the ascii itself... alternatively a pdp interface
> to the aa libs itself could be enough, where the output of another pdp
> instrument is piped out as ascii.

i like the idea. i do agree that image<->ascii conversions should be both
ways, so separate terminal output could be an additional feature but
rendering to image seems like a must.. i could add support for an ascii
packet if you want, and help you get started ;)

about the general text rendering support. that would be very nice to have
indeed. but i don't really know how to do it.. ghostscript and latex come to
mind, but that seems like a big pile of red tape to me..

tom