[PD-dev] file releases on sourceforge

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Mar 3 16:26:45 CET 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:
>
> > I am against it. If we have confilicting externals (like abs~) we will
> > just select the best one. Thats why I have made the build directory how
> > it is.
> > Do you think we should inlcude libraries ?
>
> I meant, how should we deal with the libraries. I understand, you
> don't want to package libraries at all, only single externals. This is
> fine with me, it's just a little bit more work.
>
> I think (I didn't check out cvs for about a week or so) that
> currently the following libraries yet need to made it into build/:
>
>  creb

Yes, these are not included yet, but it should not be to hard.
Just make a "link" in the build/src directory to each external that
you want to compile. This is easy as long as the externals are
1 source file per external. (Look into one of the build/src files
how the link is done to be platform  independent).

>  grill/xsample
>  grill/fftease
>  grill/vasp

These are closely related to how we proceed with flext (versions, etc).

>  plugin~ (?)

yes, this will have some dependencies on windows at least, on linux
it doesnt need additional libraries.

> This can be made, I guess. I still need to take a deeper look at your
> build system. I guess, it doesn't cover flext-externals yet?

No, Ihave split the debain packages according to the build system.
pd-externals just include externals that build without libraries
(except ogg, which we might put into a separate package).

And yes, on windows we will have to include the .dlls that are missing,
I think, on Linux we hope that they are on the system already.

Having to use additional libraries and still beeing platform independent
is not an easy problem to solve. We have to decide on a case by case
basis.

Guenter