[PD-dev] sf bug tracking

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Mar 4 19:15:12 CET 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Adam Lindsay hat gesagt: // Adam Lindsay wrote:
>
> > Okay, this part suggests another way of dividing things... it might be
> > appropriate for some platform-specific categories(?). Frank (for example)
> > might not want to be bothered by MacOSX bugs, while I might prefer to
> > ignore Windows-based reports...
>
> But I want to ignore Windows-based reports, too!   ;)
>
> Now seriously, platform issues are sometimes hard to deal with. I'm
> regularly getting questions like "how to compile/use fiiwu~ on
> Windos", and in fact I don't know much about how to do this, so I'm
> refering those users to the list.
>
> But those questions are not really bug reports. Or the bug is, that
> there are not binaries.

At the beginning I do not think that we get too much bug reports,
so we can scale up the thing later.

And then, I think it is important that everyone sees the bug messages
from each platform. This is a cross platform project, and if someone
changes his code on Linux which makes it crash on Windows, I think the
person should know it, even if it works on his platform.

Well, just 2 cents ...

Guenter