[PD-dev] External Manager - Load my Externals

bbogart at ryerson.ca bbogart at ryerson.ca
Sun Jun 1 03:06:33 CEST 2003

I entirely disagree,

#1 its in the menu of PD:

One starts PD, then changes the settings, if s/he wants to use the new setting (if s/he does not want to, why is s/he changing them?) so s/he quits PD and starts it again.

#2 its a separate program:

(a) Changes settings
One starts the launcher, changes the settings, and hits the "launch PD" button.

(b) Using the default settings
One clicks on the shortcut or runs the script (created by the launcher) for the default options.

One the user has created a number of config sets, then they don't use the launcher except to tinker with the settings.

At worst having it in the start is an extra click. (the PD launch button)
At worst having it in the menu is quiting and waiting for PD to start again (anoying if it has lots of libs, on slower machine)

I'm failing to see a strong counter argument to having it a separate program. perhaps I'm missing a point, I really want the software to be as clean to the user as possible, restarting PD to change settings is simply a pain.

Thanks for the thinking and critisism, keep it coming!

Ben