Fw: [PD-dev] readanysf~ vs. xsample

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Thu Jun 12 15:30:16 CEST 2003

Hi all,
there are now two solutions to the problem:

- First, with the new flext cvs version you can link static flext externals
as always. These should now cooperate without problems
- Second, the flext makefile now also builds shared release and debug
versions of the flext library, called libflext.so and libflext_d.so. They
are typically installed into /usr/local/lib/pd/flext, so you would have to
add this path to ld.so.conf

In order to make use of shared flext with any flext external you would have
to add -DFLEXT_SHARED to the compile flags and link against libflext.so
(typically with the ld flags -Bdynamic -L/usr/local/lib/pd/flext -lflext )

I hope that the problems have vanished with these changes.

best greetings,
Thomas