SF or IEM CVS? (WAS: Re: [PD-dev] cvs-commit list)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Oct 2 17:36:09 CEST 2003

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 06:20 America/New_York, Luke Yelavich
wrote:

> At 07:37 PM 2/10/2003, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> probably we could migrate the CVS from sourceforge to iem
>> (medium-term or long-term), which might be faster on the long run
>> (but of course we cannot offer a compile farm)
>
> I see this as a good thing, as IIRC, SourceForge's CVS for anonymous
> access is 24 hours behind what it should be.

They are in the middle of a big upgrade, so I think that their CVS
service will get much better.  They are adding 6 new servers, starting
from the original 2.  They already have two new ones in place and I
think that the CVS service has gotten noticably better.  So I think we
stick it out with SF for a bit longer.

But there is something nice about having everything in one place.

.hc

                                     http://at.or.at/hans/