[PD-dev] CVS pd linux build updated and inventory of changes

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 7 01:45:46 CEST 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, guenter geiger wrote:

> - some t_int int issues, that caused build failures on 64 bit
>   architectures

May I know what those are?

> - experimental quoting with '"' as in "hello world" ..
>   but this is a hack and has probably to go away
>   Don't ask who did that :)

Actually, in jMax4, I voted against the use of doublequotes as
symbol-delimiter, because I suggested that doublequotes would be reserved
for strings, and then it has been decided that instead singlequotes would
be used as symbol-delimiter.

Which brings me to the question: is there any plan of bringing
garbage-collected strings to PD ?