[PD-dev] py / python 2.3

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Thu Oct 16 19:01:43 CEST 2003

Hi all,
i found the symptom, but it's my impression that this is somehow caused
by the hardly portable method of PD checking for stack overflows (in
m_obj.c). As a solution i introduced a different method (into
devel_0_37) which simply counts the recursions. Please check if this
works ok.

There seems to be a remaining problem of pyext crashing when threads are
used... i'll look into it shortly.

As another point, i wonder why "./configure CC=gcc-3.2
CFLAGS=-Dsomething" doesn't change the settings in the makefile. Maybe
someone experienced with autoconf could fix that...
And recently, i always get the console printout "recv: Bad file
descriptor (9)" when i quit PD. Any ideas?

best greetings,
Thomas