[PD-dev] cross-compiling for Windows on GNU/Linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Oct 24 16:48:39 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Olaf Matthes hat gesagt: // Olaf Matthes wrote:

> Frank Barknecht schrieb:
> > I already have cross compilers for my Dreamcast and
> > the GBA installed, why not add another game system to that list. ;)
>
> Sorry, I have never used Linux, just Windows... so I'm just wondering
> whether mocking at Windows (and it's users) is a build-in Linux feature?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the temptation of building this
beautiful chain: DC->GBA->Win. I didn't lie when telling about my DC
and GBA toolchains, too, which are indeed installed here.

It was in no way intented as mocking, more as teasing. I use Windows
all day, actually, when at work.

I do however know a lot of users, who do use Windows for playing games
*a lot*. Personally I don't like playing video games at a desk, however.

Regarding cross compilers for Windows: From GBA and DC i know, that
cross compiling with the GNU tools also is possible from Windows to
another system. The mocking of  other OSes doesn't need a cross
compiler, though. All OSes come with built-in versions, that just need
to be activated.

ciao