[PD-dev] Debugging PD

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Mon Oct 27 07:42:11 CET 2003

Hi all
How can one get a backtrace of PD if for example, you get a segfault? I was
thinking of gdb, but not sure exactly what to do, as I don't know whether
PD runs in several threads, etc.

The problem is using PD with Jack, and using the -audiodev command and
entering more than one audio device, eg 1,2. With 1 only, PD stays running,
but with more than 1, it segfaults shortly after startup.

Thanks in advance.

Luke

Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and main package maintainer
Audio software packaged for the Slackware Linux Distribution
http://www.audioslack.com
luke at audioslack.com