[PD-dev] installation paths

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 2 17:13:38 CET 2004

Hallo,
d.lj hat gesagt: // d.lj wrote:

> re name-clashes: if there are clashes, one install will just overwrite
> an older install of an object of the same name, so you ll still have to
> start searching which overwrote what. only after you found it, its
> easier to choose which one you want to use.

Well, name clashes are harder to get rid of, if something clashes with
an external inside an external library. For example: iemlib has
prepend and gate, which also are in Cyclone. I prefer Cyclone here
because it works as in Max, but now I either have to recompile iemlib
or move iemlib out of the way. Bun then I can not use the IEM filters!

ciao