[PD-dev] glist woes under linux? (and Where to put my externals?)

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Mar 11 20:57:46 CET 2004

hi Ben,

B. Bogart wrote:
> The issue was (simple) and I would not have noticed it if Mathieu had
> not brought my attension to it, but the existance of a "text" class
> already! After renaming the external to "entry" it all works fine. I

well, in fact, the only source of conflict is the symbol
'text_widgetbehavior'.

So, there should not be any problem in creating an external "text"
class.  The internal text_class is static, and it does not register
its new method.  You would only need to rename your widgetbehavior
structure to something other than the internal name.

However, even if it is possible, doing so looks like a bad style,
probably...

> Any suggestions on the CVS structuring issue? Or should I not put entry

ask Guenter?

Krzysztof