[PD-dev] cvs questions

Matju matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 12 00:53:55 CEST 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Miller Puckette wrote:

> Well, no, not pointless, because diffs should still work, as long as
> they ignore white space.  The trouble I was having was that patches to
> the main branch were making wierd indentation (I think because different
> people use different tabspace indentations).  So I think a spaces-only main
> branch is easier to "patch" to.

If the diff command directly supports that feature of ignoring leading
whitespace then there's no point in making the change; but if instead you
need special preprocessing scripts that are only integrated into CVS and
not the regular diff then you are right.

Matsjö Buschahr @ Ruby Konferenz, Muenchen
http://artengine.ca/matju