[PD-dev] an idea for Pd structure

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Oct 18 08:57:26 CEST 2004

Hallo,
cyrille henry hat gesagt: // cyrille henry wrote:

> I would personaly prefere something like adding a message to memento :
> "interpolsub 1 0.1 2 0.4 4 0.5" that would work like setsub but in this
> exemple the result would be : 0.1 * substrate 1 + 0.4 * sub2 + 0.5 * sub4.
>
> (does it make sense?)
>
> by this way, interpolation could not be include in state saving, but
> only in state restoring...
>
> it's a good generic way for parametter interpolation, that does not nead
> to change lot of thing to the curent implementation.

One problem is, that the Memento system doesn't care about types. You
can save everything, even floats and lists. And "0.1 * loop.wav" is
difficult to interpret.

Wouldn't most interpolation issues be possible to solve with a kind of
stored envelope? Like an ADSR also describes an interpolation, but it
still can be stored using four static values.

Ciao