[PD-dev] native asio support

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Nov 7 14:36:24 CET 2004

> 1) the ASIO driver of my RME HDSP soundcard seems to be _very_
> sensible to being closed properly... it seems like this doesn't always
> happen (at least when i use it). Only reboot helps then.
i had a similar problem on my quattro (the only audio device working on
my windoze machine) ... switching of or opening the asio configuration
tool helped ...
i'm not sure, what's the reason for this behaviour ... somehow the
driver side gets stucked ...
this also results in a crash while closing pd (iirc, i've seen similar
behaviour on linux)

> 2) the new asio_native driver gets opened as soon as PD starts.... i
> don't know why because MMIO should be the default. In a hurry, i
> couldn't find the spot where ASIO is activated instead.
i can't reprocude it atm ... for me mmio is opened by default ...

i'll check that ...

cheers... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783