[PD-dev] How do add a symbol inlet to right left inlet?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Jan 6 19:26:41 CET 2005

hey all,

I can clearly see how to add a symbol inlet to the left inlet of an external
using class_addsymbol() but how to bind this to a symbol inlet created with:

x->in2 = symbolinlet_new(&x->x_obj, &x->currentSymbol);

I confess I'm not exactly sure why I need the &x->currentSymbol part and what
this memory space is used for...

I'm adding a right inlet to popup so that one can choose the item by symbol
value and not just by index. (for symbolic memento state-saving)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Ben