[PD-dev] plugin~ os x

cdr ix at replic.net
Sun Feb 20 21:46:38 CET 2005

> I think plugin~ is badly designed since it is tailor made for the
> different plugin architectures - hiding the complexity from the user in
> a bad way. VST and LADSPA are different, and since OS X have both, which
> one should plugin~ use? I guess the same thing would apply to windows if
> anybody cared to port LADSPA to it. The obvious solution(in my world) is
> to drop VST and rename plugin~ to ladspa~. It would enable portable

another solution could be rename grrrrr's VST~ to plug~ and add DSSI/AU/LADSPA/etc support, since it is by far the best one out there but only runs on windows.. afaik the other ones cant even currently do the basics like query a plugin for all accessible paramaters..

at least thats what i'd do if i could code c++ and wanted to switch to mac or linux..