[PD-dev] cvs admin question ...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 2 21:17:45 CET 2005

On Mar 2, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> which affect everyone.  Personally, this episode makes me a bit
>> concerned that Tim is a bit too quick to act without considering the
>> repercussions, so I would rather wait a bit before granting him full
>> access.  That's just my two bits, it is, of course, a community
>> decision.
> no problem with me ... maybe it's better to give my admin account to
> iohannes or someone else from the iem ...
>
> since the iem is _the_ institution supporting pd and a lot of
> development is done there, it's kind of silly, that i'm admin, but none
> from the iem ...
>
> so kill my account and add iohannes or someone from the iem ...
>
> i really don't want to make any trouble to anyone

First and foremost, your work is much appreciated for sure, don't get
me wrong, I don't want to cast doubt on that.  I just think you should
ease into the admin role a bit more slowly.

Since most of these roles involve work that usually isn't fun, people
have been volunteering to take them on, just like you did.  So far, no
one from IEM has volunteered to be an admin on the SourceForge site and
I think that is the only reason why there isn't an IEM person there.
FWIW, guenter was at IEM when the admins for the site were set up.

> --
> mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
> http://www.mokabar.tk
>
> latest mp3: kMW.mp3
> http://mattin.org/mp3.html
>
> latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
> http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/
>
> After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space
> would say "I want to see the manager."
> 				      William S. Burroughs

____

            "The arc of history bends towards justice."
                                                               Dr.
Martin Luther King, Jr.