[PD-dev] Re: [PD] devel_0.38 pb loading externals?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Mar 3 10:50:41 CET 2005

(moving this thread to pd-dev)

> that could turn out to be one of the meanest bugs in pd history.
> Vincent, Ian, Ben, did you also "make install" your built pd, or just
> run it from the bin folder?
and please make sure, to remove ./src/makefile of oyu are using the
autobuild build system ...

> So, most probably, you linked your externals (flext-based, but also
> others) against the new version (in src), but ran it with an old one
> in  bin. This produces the described error for me, too.
thomas: the odd thing is ... i can load most of the externals, that are
compiled against devel with pd-0.38-4 ...

the only error messages i get are undefined symbols:
/home/tim/pd/extra/volctl~.pd_linux:
/home/tim/pd/extra/volctl~.pd_linux: undefined symbol: getalignedbytes

/home/tim/pd/extra/py.pd_linux: /home/tim/pd/extra/py.pd_linux:
undefined symbol: inlet_settip

/home/tim/pd/extra/xsample.pd_linux: /usr/local/lib/libflext.so:
undefined symbol: garray_updatetime

which is perfectly fine, since they are the functions that are specific
to devel ...

it _could_ be related to the build system, but i somehow have there
feeling, that there is something else ...
still, no way to prove it for me at the moment ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs