resolving zexy vs cyclone (was [PD-dev] cvs admin question ...)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 3 18:12:12 CET 2005

Winfried Ritsch wrote:

>>does it involve cyclone's gate and matrix~, or all you are talking
>>about are intra-iem clashes?
>>

> yes and yes.

no and no ;-)

it involves cyclone's and iemlib's [gate].

the [matrix~] clashes wini was talking about were not name-clashes (yes
i know that there is a conflict between zexy and cyclone) but rather
inconsistancies between my object and tm's objects.

these will be hopefully be fixed soon in a "iemtx" (or alike) library.
while moving the objects to the new lib and resolving the
inconsistancies (as far as they are solvable) most objects will be
renamed (although the old deprecated names will still have to stay there
for compatibility): so (zexy's) [matrix~] will (on the long run)
disappear and be replaced by something like [mtx_*~].

jfyi: the major inconsistancy with zexy's [matrix~] is, that when
multiplying a vector of signals with a matrix the actual operation that
takes place is "x^ = a^ * A", while in literature normally we find
things like "y^ = B * b^", which is only the same if we assume x^=y^'
and A=B'.

anyone has an idea how to find an elegant solution to this problem
(while still maintaining an intuitive object) ?

mfg.ad.r
IOhannes

PS: so wini's "yes and yes" was right, although the [matrix~] issue is
rather a side effect