[PD-dev] cvs admin question ...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Mar 6 19:13:29 CET 2005

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> > > just to get not annoyed: i checked cyclone out of the CVS and found
> > > [date] in shadow/dummies.
> >
> > IIRC then it will only load if Cyclone is loaded as lirbary and in
> > "max-compatibility" mode, so it's not a "real" nameclash.
> since i installed cyclone and zexy as libraries from the cvs and
> wasn't able to access zexy's date without changing the loading order, i
> consider it as name clash!

Maybe then I did Not Remember Correctly how max-compatibility mode in
Cyclone works. Sorry, I've got no time for a deep check now, but the
docs say this:

DONE for cyclone
alpha51
  * dummies loaded by maxmode, not cyclone
alpha50
  * max-compatibility mode switch for cyclone
    . turned on by loading cyclone libs through "-lib maxmode"
    . affects max-compatibility of prepend and Append, controls
      compatibility warnings

As I understood this, dummies are only to be loaded if "-lib maxmode"
is used. If A) it does work this way and if B) [date] is such a dummy, then
we do not have a nameclash. If not A) and B) then Nameclash.

Ciao

             _ __latest track: fqdn _ http://footils.org/cms/show/38