[PD-dev] adding new developers...

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Wed Mar 9 19:35:42 CET 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Winfried Ritsch wrote:
> Here the general question, maybe I missed sometime,
>
> I want a file-release of a version (tag) off some library I was submitting.
> I want to upload some compiled archives, for this version. How should we
> handle this here ?
>
> Should I discuss this here or just write some admin to do this ?
>
> Or shouldnt we release external libs in extra packages ?
>
> I think sourceforge says "release often, release early".

Initially the CVS was thought as a place to distribute single externals,
not libraries, because libraries .... (well, you all know)

Anyhow, it seems that it turned a bit into a library deposit, so the
question you ask really arises, problem is that noone thought about
a solution up to now, because it was not meant to be this way.

I think the best thing would be to have one coordinator who does the
releases on sourceforge, we can't all be administrators. Maybe the
coordinator can switch from time to time, just to put to much workload on
one person.

Then, up to know, most of the people who have libraries in CVS made their
own private releases.

Guenter