[PD-dev] just look at these numbers

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Mar 11 13:48:13 CET 2005

Josh Steiner wrote:
> how do these throughput measuments really reflect on actual performance
> characterisitics? ie, is the windows tk gui getting bottlenecked by this?

seems like it is, although I am not sure to what extent.  Pd-gui is
unresponsive and unstable on windows, which hurts toxy badly.

I do not now yet, how much of a bottleneck is the socket, compared
to other factors, like internal performance problems of tcl/tk
implementation on windows (memory mngmt in particular).

First impression, from looking at the fileevent-driven pd-gui:
it performs better.  Besides, it is much easier to do, than
reimplementing tcl/tk...

Krzysztof

(sorry Josh for a "sender only" duplicate)