[PD-dev] remote control

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Fri Mar 25 13:49:38 CET 2005

Hallo!

Maybe this is a little bit ot, but it's also PD related, so I wanted to ask
you for suggestions ...

I'm just starting a project at the university, which should be a remote
control for PD, Supercollider, MAX, ... (all OSC-able programs) on a PDA,
which can be used to fine-tune sound-installations, or as a performance
instrument...
(something similar to http://www.grenzenlosefreiheit.de)
It should be a simple GUI, with that you can send OSC messages.

The user can create the GUI in the following ways:

- via specific OSC messages you can create GUI elements from the central
computer (so in PD or Supercollider ...) with a kind of automatic layout -
so you don't have to do it on the PDA

- on the PDA you can add GUI elements with automatic layout (so thats really
easy to use and you don't have to read a tutorial etc.)

- you should be able to make more complex GUIs with QT-Designer (I will
implement it in Qt/C++) - okay, now maybe you have to read a small tutorial
... ;)

The PDAs should also be networked, so that you can use multiple PDAs and if
someone changes a specific OSC message the value should also be changed on
the other PDAs.

I just wanted to put this on the list before I start to code.
Maybe someone has some additional ideas, comments or criticism ...

Thank you,
LG
Georg

--
Handyrechnung zu hoch? Tipp: SMS und MMS mit GMX
Seien Sie so frei: Alle Infos unter http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freesms