[PD-dev] "scripts" section of CVS

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 29 23:25:41 CEST 2005

On Mar 27, 2005, at 2:23 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>>> I am thinking of starting a "scripts" section of the CVS because I
>>> have written two handy scripts for Pd and there doesn't seem to be
>>> a logical place to put them in CVS.  I have a /etc/init.d/pd
>>> SysV-style start/stop script and pd-diff, a rough idea of how to
>>> get useful results from diffing .pd files.
>
> I would prefer another name. "stuff" is taken ;) maybe "utils" would
> be an alternative?  "scripts" might be a subdirectory there.
> Background is: The directory might need to hold other things besides
> scripts. However if it only should hold scripts, then go along.

How about "other"? ;)  "utils" could work.  I guess 'scripts' is very
UNIX-centric and describes the implementation method more than the
functionality.   Somehow "utils" sounds too DOS-like to me... hmm...
naming can be so tricky sometimes...  how about 'utilities'?

Like this:
utilities
	\--unix (/etc/init.d/pd)
	\--darwin (Pd.command files)
	\--devel (pd-diff, config-swapper.sh)

Or shall I just dump everything into one directory since they are only
a few scripts.  We can move them into categories if we get lots of
scripts/utilities.

.hc