[PD-dev] pd interface questions

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Apr 3 20:37:53 CEST 2005

mike2005 at acc.ocad.on.ca wrote:

> Where do I find help-fiddle~.pd? It isn't in the "5 Reference" section
> of the help menu where I would expect to find it. In fact I cannot find
> any reference to fiddle in any of the help menus, yet I can make the
> object and control click to get the help. As a new user I don't
> understand the logic of the help menu.

the help system tries to be a bit dynamic.
if you load an external that is located in /tmp (e.g. /tmp/myexternal)
than the associated reference-files are first searched in a path
relative to this "origin" (e.g. the ref-file is assumed to be
/tmp/help-myexternal.pd).

this is a _feature_ as it keeps object (external) and reference together.

since fiddle~ is technically an external to pd (located in ./extra) it
would be a good idea to look there.

if you have problems with finding files i would suggest using "locate",
"find", "finder" and he "search"-feature of "explorer"

mfgc.cda.s.
IOhannes