[PD-dev] pddp style guide

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sun May 1 12:43:09 CEST 2005

hi again,

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> As for HTML docs, I don't understand why you want to separate the
> patches from the text.  Yes, the text formatting abilities of Pd are

but you want them separate too...  a reference page should be
kept in a separate window anyway, so what is wrong about that
window being controlled by another application?

However, my point is not about using a web browser, but about
storing a reference page as a single parsable resource, instead
of breaking it into several unparsable comments (same goes for
any other type of longer self-contained text).

The way it is displayed is quite another matter.  I am proposing
the external browser, as the easiest, and the most
old-fashioned-Pdish way to do it.  Another option is including
some kind of a browser widget in pd-gui, which you seem proposing:

> of that.  With a little more work on the [comment] object, I think we
> could have all of the text formatting capabilities that we'd really
> need to make very nice, linked help patches with texts, all within Pd.

Krzysztof