[PD-dev] Re: alsa midi

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Mon May 2 11:13:37 CEST 2005

On Sun, 1 May 2005, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> hi günter, hi devs ...
>
> günter ... did you find the reason for the memory leak in the alsa midi
> code? was it a problem of an older alsa version that should be obsolete
> now?

Hi,

No, I could not reproduce the memory leak. Anyhow, as I already mentioned
I adapted the code so that it doesn't do dynamic allocation/deallocation
in the midi poll function.
I just put the adapted version on the patch tracker on sf.

> if it's not a problem with alsa midi code in general, is there any
> reason, why we should use both alsa and oss midi apis or can we savely
> abandon the oss code (i'm not using midi a lot, but generally i'd prefer
> to keep the oss code for a while)

I think it is better to keep both, alsa and oss.

Greetings,

Guenter