[PD-dev] pddp style guide

Anton Woldhek woldhek at xs4all.nl
Wed May 4 01:26:56 CEST 2005

> Anton Woldhek wrote:
> > I have been thinking of porting the max & max/msp tutorials to pd.
> > This
>
> better not -- lots of max-specifics in there.  Rather...
> install a one-month demo of max/msp, learn, then give
> user-feedback to cyclone...
Huh? I Don't get this. What I mean by porting is taking the basic framework
and subjects from the max tutorial and create pd specifics for it. What
point would it be for me to install max?

> > materials is pretty good or so max'ers say, an di guess the
> fact that
> > it is used as the standard teaching material for max at music
> > technology schools
>
> there is no one-size-fits-all solution.  We use max/msp tuts
> for an optional assignment here, and it is quite often a failure.
That's interesting, 40+ students have a non-optional course here, ofcourse
not everybody benefits to the same extent of the tutorials, just like with
any school material. So why does it fail in your case? If we can find out
why perhaps we can create even better docs for pd!

Anton