[PD-dev] pd-devel

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon May 9 00:45:10 CEST 2005

> features. I don't know what i have missed in the devel meeting but up
> to now  there was no indication that important features like SIMD
> code, low  latency callbacks and array update time will make it into
> Miller's PD  soon. Therefore i think it's important to have tarballs

this is a crucial point, since it also concerns external developers:

- external developers can't call pd's simd functions, nor the runtime
dispatching functions
- external developers can't place idle callbacks
if they want to stay compatible with miller's branch

i think these two features should be made available to external
developers as soon as possible ...
on the other hand, the last thing i heard from miller about the simd
stuff was, that he doesn't think, he can maintain this code and i'm not
sure, if he ever wrote a comment on the idle callbacks ...
so i'm not sure, if any of the devel features will ever make it into
miller's pd ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs