[PD-dev] mingw compilation

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue May 10 09:31:36 CEST 2005

hi Guenter,

� wrote:
> During my pdp porting effort I have been able to solve the problem
> with mingw compilation. The trick is to add a flag to gcc, it is
> called -mms-bitfields.

good to know, thanks.  I think it is safe for externals to use
that flag and load into pd mingw-compiled without it, unless an
external directly accesses t_object's fields, etc?  That is not
always the case, though.  So, the flag should be standard.

Anybody willing to add it to pd-devel?  do not want to do this
myself, not using mingw for anything but checking that my stuff
works there...

Krzysztof