[PD-dev] Draft Templates for PD reference Files

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri May 13 06:00:21 CEST 2005

How about a standard subpatch called something like [pd
PDDP_META_DATA]?  Then the CATEGORY and KEYWORDS comments would go in
there.

I think they should be as tight as possible so that the help take up as
little screen space as possible while keeping the important content
there.  So for example, get rid of the "HELP: float" line, and just
have the [float] line there instead.

We should also come up with standard links/subpatches.  For example, I
don't know whether each help patch needs a [pd Related Objects]
subpatch.  The all_about_* patches could have that info.  I think that
the [pd More Info] subpatch is definitely not necessary, that would be
in the all_about_* patch.  I think a better standard link to have would
be float-examples.pd, with -examples being a standard extension.  There
could then be an index of -examples.pd patches.

My vote is for 4 or 5.  I think 4 is a bit tighter, but 5 will have
more room to link to other patches.

As for all_about_ patches, I think it should be a different format.
The current two column format works pretty well, I think, with some
fine tuning.

.hc