[PD-dev] binary packages for devel on osx

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun May 22 21:31:51 CEST 2005

On May 22, 2005, at 1:58 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> I tried compiled a fresh CVS checkout of devel_0_38 with my MacOSX
>> setup.  No luck.  Here's the transcript:
> well ... the configure script has been written for linux only ... since
> i wrote it about half a year ago no one tried to port it to osx /
> cygwin
> / mingw ...
>
> which basically means ... osx != linux ...

automake is having trouble it seems.  That is going to be the same on
all platforms.  And some files seem to be missing.  The problems don't
looks like cross-platform issues to me.

You can get access to a shell on a Mac via the SourceForge Compile Farm.

> i was thinking to abandon the autobuild stuff in favor of a scons build
> system (hoping to have a better cross-platform build system)
> but since i don't have access to a mac, i couldn't even test it on
> osx... what would you think of a scons build? since you are basically
> the "pd osx package manager", would you be interested in maintaining
> the
> osx part of such a system?

The autoconf stuff is not perfect but it works and I know it well
enough.  I have little time or interest in learning a new build system
when what's there already works.

.hc

____

                             http://at.or.at/hans/