[PD-dev] adding .pd_linux and .pd_darwin to cvsignore

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 25 18:24:57 CEST 2005

On May 25, 2005, at 7:50 AM, B. Bogart wrote:

> I'd take .app's out of there since they are not files but actually
> directories?! I don't know what cvs would do with a directory that has
> file extension that says it should not modify it?

It will ignore the directory, that's the point of this list.  In order
to include any of Mac OS X's directory formats like .app, .framework, .
bundle, .kn, etc. you need to use the cvswrap/cvsunwrap hack, which is
probably best avoided.  That reminds me, I'll add these to the list:

.dmg
.framework
.bundle
.DS_Store

> All else looks great. maybe add .dll for windows libs?

Someone might need to include a precompiled lib for some reason.
pd_darwin and pd_linux are Pd-specific, .dll is not.  But the Windows
people should answer this definitively, it doesn't really matter to me
either way.

.hc