[PD-dev] pd-dev list: something is not properly working (just for me?)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 27 16:27:18 CEST 2005

rama wrote:
> hi, i had to do a copy & paste of this reply from Frank
> from the list archives on the web, as I didn't get it on my mailbox.
>
> first I though I was not only getting back my original posts, but it
> *seems* like I don't receive messages from the pd-dev list since
> january!
>
> I thought i was not subscribed to the list for some reason, so tried to
> re-suscribe, and got a "privacy alert" from mailman, saying I'm
> subscribed.
>
> can you help me discover what stupid thing I'm doing somewhere if it's
> me? it's quite annoyting to check the archives each time...

it seems like either you or someone else (which would mean: me (though i
didn't) or Mailman itself) has set your subscribed email-address to
"nomail".
you can still send emails (like you do), but you don't receive emails on
that account. (very useful if you have multiple email-accounts where you
want to send emails from, but you want to receive the list only once)

Mailman sets you account to "nomail" if your address bounces for some
reasons (e.g. your mailserver is down for 2 weeks)

remedy: go the webinterface, log in, and un-check the "no-mail" flag.

mfg.a.dr
IOhannes