[PD-dev] Re: garray_update

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sat Aug 6 20:08:37 CEST 2005

Only in a general way.  My vague plan is to use sys_queuegui() to update
scalars; since arrays are parts of scalars now, that would mean that any
array value changes would trigger a later callback to do the graphical
updating.  However, unlike other GUI objects, arrays can be too large
to update atomically, so something is needed to update a portion of an
array and reschedule the rest.  The situation gets complicated if a scalar
has several arrays, or if an array's elements have their own arrays, etc.

Most likely for 0.39 I'll put sys_queuegui calls around scalars (and the
IEM GUIs while I'm at it) but not attempt to do the finer-grained thing.

cheers
Miller