Usability [was: Re: [PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)]

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 16 19:50:13 CEST 2005

> > However I didn't yet find a good way to make connecting other xlets
> > than the first ones easier. Maybe selecting xlets instead of selecting
> > object?

How about selecting a connection and hitting left or right arrow to shift it
over (either the inlet or the outlet depending on whether you hold the shift
key).

For multiple connections, maybe it's even more useful to have a version of
"duplicate" (control-shift-D?) that duplicates connections into and out of
the selection too.

Another idea I've had for years: hit "enter" in an object box to make a new,
empty one just below and connect the two.

I'm going to collect all these ideas on one place in my dolist and see what they
look like together... I'd better not try this for 0.39 though; I'm just
cleaning up bugs now.

cheers
Miller