[PD-dev] table/array issues (broken mouse editing)

carmen ix at replic.net
Mon Sep 12 01:18:40 CEST 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 10:29:55PM +0100, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is a bug in array editing with the mouse:  if you draw in a table
> so that the whole line is outside the bounds of the graph, it is no
> longer editable with the mouse.  (This bug hit me in a performance last
> night, I slipped on the mousepad and was left with a silent volume
> envelope on one sound - ouch!)  Bug exists with 0.39test6 (my install)
> and 0.39-0 (dyno on #dataflow's install).

pd computes bounding boxes on the server side, which are always squares (i think) rather than using 'find overlapping' or similar in the client. this is likely causing the problem above, along with similar issues where you can 'see' a GOP but cant click on anything in it.. hang in there, neither of the new canvases in pure-devil/desire assume the server can do a better job of figuring out where you clicked than the canvas that actually recieved the input events..