[PD-dev] uninitialized values bug

Guenter Geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Oct 7 18:16:58 CEST 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> There are contributions that many people want and that somehow Miller
> doesn't want. The number of those contributions is increasing. This causes
> the divergence. To stop the divergence, either Miller has to follow, or
> people have to stop coding things that Miller refuses to take. If Miller
> doesn't follow, then I don't know why I'd even try stopping devel from
> diverging.

This is just not true. We have established a working way how contribution
can go into Pd proper with the patches tracker. If you think that there
are contributions that stay out without a good reason we can talk about
thm. Talking about them might even convince Miller to change his mind,
or we can find a more appealing solution together.

If you think it is too much work to get your proposals into Pd then
propose a better way (for us all, including Miller, not just for you).

Just keep in mind that one thing is to code and the other thing is to make
reliable releases. You just can not await from Miller that he lets you do
the fun part (the coding) and he has to care for the integration and
testing and above that change his ideas about where he wants to go.

If you want to check out how others get their code into PD, here
is the link of the patches tracker:

(Sorry it seems that all your contributions either got deleted
or already accepted, or is it that .. no, no, I cant belive that :)

Guenter