[PD-dev] windows compiling/linking problem

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 14:33:10 CET 2005

hi georg,

> 1)
> the soundfiler uses open_soundfile from d_soundfile.c to open a file.
> this function is not part of the public interface of pd - in linux I
> can forward declare it and I can use it - in windows I always get an
> unresolved external ...
> ... is there any way to link it so that I can use this in win like in
> linux ?

no, there is no way that i know of ...

> 2)
> So I simply also implemented this function in my external (because of
> the unresolved external), but it really BEHAVES DIFFERENT !
> I don't know why, it compiles fine, no warning etc. (with MinGW +
> msvc)
> - but I always get a -1 returned from
> int bytesread = read(fd, buf, READHDRSIZE);
>   read of <io.h> (same as in d_soundfile line 219) ??
> (and it's no threading issue, because I simply copied the soundfiler
> code for debugging ...)

hm ... why are you using pd's soundfile functions in the first place?
libsndfile provides a much more powerful wave file parser than pd ...
after using it for my sndfiler, i don't want to use anything else any
more ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs