[PD-dev] removing files from externals/build/src

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Dec 13 17:20:48 CET 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > Explain to me how making it a property of the canvas would fix
> > anything at
> > all.
>
> It would ensure that it gets read first from the file.

automatic resolving of namespaces (like import does) is only
useful if it is done in a limited scope, like per patch.

The problem with the "using" or "import" external furthermore is that it
pulls in a namespace at arbitrary time when loading the patch, this is
not very predictable, and setting the path from the beginning would be a
better solution in this case.

I have the feeling that implementing "import" correctly is not
trivial.

Günter