[PD-dev] class_addmethod2

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Dec 16 09:48:01 CET 2005

Hallo,

> I have to say that I like the A_FLOAT, etc names better (you can
> probably guess why).  Code should document itself.  "pffsFFS" is easy
> to skim over while "A_POINTER, A_FLOAT, A_FLOAT, A_SYMBOL, A_DEFFLOAT,
> A_DEFFLOAT, A_DEFSYMBOL" is very clear.   I won't miss the A_NULL
> though.

Maybe a "best of both worlds" approach could be used, that allows both
long names and short aliases for methods, that accept veryveryverymany
arguments and thus aren't readable with A_POINTER,... anyways.

I could think of using a field delimiter like ":" in the argument type
string: "p:f:f:s" or "A_POINTER:A_FLOAT:A_FLOAT:A_SYMBOL" then could
be allowed. And we would get rid of A_NULL in both cases.

Ciao