[PD-dev] Re: [PD-announce] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 11:45:19 CET 2006

Hey man,

Well, I'm a dumbass for taking it personally! doh!
That's OK though, now I realise the anger is about
politics, somehow it seems a bit more normal!

The pdp thing was pdp and not pidip - that I know. But
it does look like a 10.3.9 -> 10.4 migration issue
more. I'll have 10.4 on my work machine soon, but if
it works for you with XDarwin then I think we can be
confident it was that.

What I've been doing with my patches at work is making
an install script to put the externals I need to run
the patch into Miller's PD, since I'm installing it on
computers belonging to people who have no Unix or PD
knowledge, and installing Launcher so they can
double-click the .sh script when upgrades are ready.
This way the OS can be tested and the correct versions
installed - but that's probably pointless since we
should all be using 10.4 I suppose. An installer is
easier too!

Oh, how I love Linux...
Best,
Ed