[PD-dev] powf, sinf, etc. on Mac OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jan 28 05:53:59 CET 2006

I just noticed that in x_arithmetic.c, powf() and its single precision
friends are all macroed to the double precision version saying "MSW and
OSX don't appear to have single-precision ANSI math".  But according to
/usr/include/architecture/ppc/math.h, it does have all them, you just
have to link in libmx:

/*
  * N.B. When using the C99 "float" entry points that follow, an
additional
  * flag must be added to the link step that produces the executable
binary
  * -- specify "-lmx".
  */

Any problem with using the right functions on Mac OS X?  This should
speed things up a bit, no?  I'll make the patch if there's no
problem...

____

"Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope."
                                                           -Edsger
Dykstra