[PD-dev] $0 in messages, was: multiple $arg-expansion

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Feb 4 00:31:42 CET 2006

Hallo,

> Since we are talking about definitions, I just want to point out that
> AFAIK, there is no such thing as a "selector-less list".

True, "selector-less list" is a bad name for what I meant, too. What I
meant with it was, just to clarify, lists of more than two elements
(including selector) whose first element (the selecotr) is another
word than "list".

Maybe analogous to my use of "list-list" I should call them
"non-list-list".

(I agree with Matju, that the name "set" should be avoided, as sets
are something very different from lists not only in the mathematical
sense, but also in the specification of data structures in programming
languages like C++. (cf. <set> vs. <list> in the STL))

Ciao