[PD-dev] Re: Restructuring of CVS/externals

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Feb 7 19:58:15 CET 2006

On Feb 7, 2006, at 4:04 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>> That's cause [trigger] is phoney shit that should've been deprecated
>> since Noah, because it's trying to do two jobs at once, namely the
>> job of ordering outputs, and the job of [b] [f] [symbol] [pointer]
>> plus a few quirks, without much of a reason. But I've said that
>> before.
>
> Maybe then it's best to just always only use "anything" and "bang" as
> trigger arguments. You would retain the important role trigger plays
> when ordering outputs without trigger trying to do type conversions
> except converting to bang which would just be a handy shortcut to
> avoid lots of [b] objects.

I was just fiddling with jMax last night.  The jMax version of
[trigger] would be quite nice to have in Pd.  I like how you can
stretch it when you need more outlets.

____

it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."
                                                        - Thomas
Jefferson