[PD-dev] list math

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sat Feb 11 19:40:49 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> There are now a couple versions of math objects that do standard math
> operations on lists: Frank's list-abs and Cyrille's ds_/datastream.  I
> think that there should be a standard set of math objects that can
> handle lists of indeterminate length (like the previously mentioned
> objects).

i don't fear redondancy. some mapping objects can be the same as some
list-abs object.
having a mapping_clip that whould clip data acording to the mapping
standard is great, event if it's the same object as the list_clip 0 1.
i don't think it's a problem to have 2 objects with same fonctionality
with diferents name.

i think the mapping lib should have all necessary object for mapping.
the list-abs should have all necessary objects to deal with list.
and it's not a problem if sometimes the same objects have 2 diferents
name in both lib.