[PD-dev] "imports" section of CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 14 12:11:39 CET 2006

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:20 +0000, David Plans Casal wrote:
> > I don't necessarily agree with that. Perhaps 'imports' isn't the
> > right word, but the fact that a library isn't required to run Pd at
> > all might not be a good enough reason not to include it in an
> > extended build system, especially if it is kept completely apart
> > from
> > the main tree.
>
> still, why not just write a small script to pull the external sources
> from upstream? (ftp, cvs, svn or whatever)

Well, Hans has already countered this with a reasonable argument: Why
not use the existing CVS-infrastructure to do just that? I agree with
you in that I don't like it, but I wouldn't be totally against it, as
long as we don't try to mirror the world and make pd-extended become
something like Knoppix.

Ciao